More about SymVPN 2.00.
General FAQ for Symbian S60 3rd and 5th software from Telexy.
SymVPN 2.00. How to Install. Detailed manual.
Telexy offers SymVPN for S60 3rd/5th editions through the following practice.
Trial version is free to download and use. This version is fully functional and it works during a limited period of time, starting on the date of installation.
The tryout period is long enough to understand whether this product suites your needs or not.
Final version of the product is fully functional and time-unlimited.
Please feel free to ...
Download and install Trial version on your phone.
Test product functionality and perfomance on your own phone and in your own conditions.
If you like this product, you may purchase the software on the Telexy website and Register Full version on your phone.
Important note about installation SymVPN v.2.00.85 in situation
when another Telexy's software is already installed on the phone.
Before proceeding with offered below uninstall(s), please write down all needed configuration for all software products, it will help you to restore configuration faster.
Uninstall SymVPN if you have v.1.00.80 or any other prior version installed on the phone.
Uninstall SymNC if you have v.1.00.51 or any other prior version installed on the phone.
If you have SymNC uninstalled, then following software, if exist on the phone, needed to be uninstalled as well: SymVPN, SymRDP, SymNAS, SymSync and SymPlayer.
IMPORTANT! After software uninstallation is completed, please make sure to restart your phone.
Download the latest SymNC version from telexy.com
and install it. More detailed installation instruction is below.
IMPORTANT! You must restart you phone after installation will be completed.
After SymVPN v.2.00.85 installation is completed you may re-install back all previously uninstalled software,
HOWEVER, make sure to use the latest available software versions downloaded directly
There are two ways to deliver the SymVPN installation file to the phone:
- It can be transferred to the phone via SymSMB or through USB cable, memory card or Bluetooth. In this situation navigate File manager to the SIS-file location and press "Open" soft-key - installation get started. If this case looks to you to be complicated (it requires some grounding and extra equipment like USB cable), there is more easy option, that is followed by.
- You can download the installation directly to the phone from our site using Web Browser. The only thing you need is your S60 smartphone. Go through the easy 4 steps and get it installed on your phone:
1) Start "Web" application and go to www.telexy.com web-page:
2) On the Telexy home-page select "Products" link and in product list scroll down to "Download Trial" button in SymVPN section.
3) This course opens EULA page. Read it carefully and eventually you will get very bottom with "Accept" and "Decline" buttons. Selecting "Accept" option leads to "Download detail" dealog.
4) Start the installation by selecting "Yes" in "Install SymVPN?" request. Use "Continue" or "Ok" buttons in the following installation requests (some of them (marked with the red frames) may not appear). Please, pay attention that SymVPN can be installed ONLY on C: drive and you have to reboot the phone manually in order to finish the installation.
After installation SymVPN can be found in the regular for installed applications place.
Please, be aware that in order to complete Installation process the phone must be reboot manually!